Have an account?

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Manis and Pedis and Progress, Oh MY!

So I'm sitting here letting my newly pink tootsies dry thinking bout what a bad blogger I am!  Seriously, if any of you are still following I'd be amazed.  I think it really comes down to being a sucky multitasker.  I can write, or I can market/blog/promote, or I can job hunt and deal with my RL, but going all three at once isn't something I'm good at.  Two maybe, but never the three.

Since Maelstrom has been looking at a deadline, it has been my primary focus with any free time I had outside of Mommyhood/real life.  Two weeks ago, right before my son and I fell victim to the flu and were knocked down for five days, I FINISHED the first draft!  Yes, that's right...I got in the first draft five days before the original deadline!  I was super proud of myself...and then eight hours later I was in my bathroom cursing the existence of microscopic bugs with the sole goal in life to make us miserable.  We're all better now (wait...looking around for some wood to knock on) and life is moving along at a steady pace.  In less than two weeks the march through the editing process begins and is expected to keep going until the end of June.  While it is the most difficult part of the process for me, I'm really looking forward to it. :)  Then in AUGUST Maelstrom will be released.  I still can't believe that the last chapter of the series is complete and now I'm playing with other plot bunnies that are multiplying in my noggin.  The one that seems to be the most solid and interesting is a Murder Mystery of which I've already written two chapters.  I'm pretty sure it will end up being my next big project, that is if the people in charge like it and want to run with it. :)  In the meantime I'll be around.  Hope to see you around too!!!

Love,
J.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment